Image Map

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ocean Unit

We have had a grand time learning about the ocean and all of the creatures in it. My students would create an ocean creatures that would go along with the stories each day and then would add them to their own personal ocean that was displayed on their desks. We read Mister Seahorse, A House for a Hermit Crab, One Tiny Turtle, Whales and Dolphins, and Coral Reef.

After the unit students got to take their own oceans home. The students had a blast creating them. I hope this will be something you will do with your students. I usually make one huge one to hang in the hallway but I decided on doing it this way. The students LOVE IT!!!!

9 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'll bet they loved taking those home and sharing them with their family.

    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the personal oceans on each desk!! Pinning it too! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it!!! Putting it on their desks was a great idea! Thanks for sharing.


    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a GREAT idea! We just did the great huge looong one and I am dreading taking them down and sorting them the last week of school. :/ Pinned for next year! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! What a great idea! :) Thanks for sharing =)

    Angie
    Rulin' the Roost

    ReplyDelete
  6. The the ocean homes are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I do the same individual oceans. I add green tissue paper seaweed which really adds to the ocean. Plus we go on a trip to the aquarium and collect sand and shells. I mix sand into the brown paint for sand and the kids glue the shells also. This is my favorite activity all year. I will add pictures to my blog when I am done. We end the year watching Nemo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I love this idea and I CANNOT wait to use it with my Kinders next year :)

    Thanks!!

    Chelsey♥

    ReplyDelete