Image Map

Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Classroom Pictures

I have been hard at work getting my classroom ready for this school year. Here is a picture of my Daily 5 board. I think that it turned out really well.

Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to find these amazing Daily 5 posters with cute kids for my board.
I am excited about using Daily 5 in my classroom this year. I have tons of stuff pinned on my Daily 5 board on pinterest if you are looking for resources. 

This image is of my reading area with my books sorted by AR level on the left book shelf and Genre on right book shelf. I love books and you can see that I have loads of them. I even did a good weeding of books this summer.

Students will be able to choose books for their book caddies easily from this wide selection.  I have books for all levels from 0.9 to 7.5 in my 3rd grade classroom.

I love how this title for my Reading board for displaying student work turned out. Great work will be displayed here as we create and sharing amazing ideas about reading. 



I will add more pictures as the next few days come and go with the start of school. We had Open House this past Friday and I had so many complements on my classroom and how great it looked. I had all but one student to show out of 22. I think that is amazing. Monday, August 27th is our first day with the kiddos.
I hope that you find resources and classroom design that can inspire you in your room.



2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love dots on turquoise. I just put up a bunch of the same borders in my room yesterday:)
    Cheers,
    Terri
    Terri's Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete