Image Map

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Classroom Tour

Here are pictures of my classroom. I hope you can see them since I am not a professional photographer. I always love seeing pictures of other classrooms, so I hope you find some ideas that will help you with your class.


This picture shows my calendar and focus wall. The student of the day is in charge of calendar duties everyday. My principal loves to see student work hanging up in our rooms and I do too.



This is some of my computers and you can see part of my SMARTboard. Students use this area for computer center and blogging.



This is my reading nook. Students use this area for READING center and during SSR time. My books are leveled based on AR. The awesome baskets are from Really Good Stuff.



This is my white board and SMARTboard area. Students hang their bookbags on the hooks I have located under the white board. A great way to utilize space. I love not having bookbags on the floor.



This is the back wall of my classroom. I have my BAM tubs on the cart and centers located back in this area at the two lime green tables. Student work hangs on the back wall.



This picture shows my guided reading table along with our stained glass butterflies that the students made. We make a different one for each month or holiday. They are so pretty. This picture didn't turn out very well because of the sun shining in.

Well I guess you can tell that I have primary colors in my room, with a touch of pizazz with the lime green tables and curtains. I am wanting to change up my room but I do not want to paint. I will be working on a new theme over the summer and when I change, I will post pictures to show the transformation.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing pictures of your classroom! Loved seeing it and the stained glass butterflies look beautiful!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the window behind your guided reading table - it's beautiful!
    jeannie
    www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors. It's hard to be unhappy in a room that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks great!!! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower!! Your classroom looks AMAZING!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room! You are so organized! All of the colors look great! Im your newest follower! Come visit sometime!

    Jess
    mrsjwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your classroom! So bright and cheerful (just like your darling blog)! I am your newest follower! Thank you for sharing with us!-Yvonne Sassy in Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne, thank you for stopping by and the kind words about my room and blog. I totally love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tonya! I've enjoyed looking at your site :) I'm glad to hear that you're excited about moving to 3rd grade! I love the hooks for book bags under the board. What kind of hooks are they and where can they be purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your room! Where did you get your dry erase easel?

    ReplyDelete