Image Map

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Using Google Classroom

Using Google Classroom has become one of my favorite ways to use technology with my students. Google Classroom is a great way to share assignments with your students. My school is completely Google with email and Drive, so we are using Chromebooks that allow students to login with their Google accounts and begin learning.

I use Google Classroom with Blendspace and Thinglink. Depending on what we are currently working on in our curriculum. I mostly use it with Science and Social Studies. We are learning about Matter and Landforms. I can easily find lesson or even create lessons on Blendspace or Thinglink and add the assignments into Google Classroom.

Here is a Thinglink that I created on Plant Life Cycles. My students have really enjoyed getting to learn about Plants by using this awesome site. All you do is insert an image and you add tags on the picture that has videos, websites, articles, songs, books and more. Students work their way through each tag on the image and begin to learn. You insert a quiz or assign a journal or activity to complete the lesson.

Google Classroom

Blendspace

Thinglink
Would love to hear of ways that you use these with technology in your classroom. I highly recommend that you go and check these. We use them almost every day in my classroom.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great ideas on how to use Classroom with Thinglink and Blendspace. I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I am trying to embed blendspace lessons into my google classroom, is there an easy way to do this or do you just embed the link? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I am trying to embed blendspace lessons into my google classroom. Do you copy the link or is there an easy way?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I am trying to embed blendspace lessons into my google classroom, is there an easy way to do this or do you just embed the link? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete